History’s Secrets in
Aquatic Time Machines
European cruises have so much to offer if you want to learn more about the history of civilization and the world's rich cultures. And even if History was your most boring subject in school, know that....
Not only geeks can learn from History!
By going back in time, you will:
- Absorb a lot of information like a geek sponge....
- Understand better how great people and events influenced the course of history....
- Realize how cultures were, or are being shaped in areas like religion, art, literature, music, architecture, technology, business, etc.
- Analyze how globalization affects our daily lives
Going on a cruise is fun for anybody.... Inspired by old world European navigators and their expeditions, anyone can rediscover the new "old world" on modern European cruises.
Make every voyage one of discovery and add them to your personal “historical archives”. In these modern times, you can even create a website to chronicle your travels, just like the Italian trader, Marco Polo, who got a writer to record his journeys to China.... and went down in history.....
Apply History On Your Next Journey
If you’re planning a cruise, we’ll help you step a (nautical) mile in the e-shoes of famous seafarers from ancient, medieval, and modern history.
Imagine this..... You are the expedition strategist of Eric the Red, Columbus, Magellan, or Vespucci.....
....in the Information Age. How cool is that?
Unlike those great explorers, you have the ability to look up in advance the places you want to "conquer".
Talk about great strategy! Think like Prince Henry the Navigator.... the guy knew everything.... and he was never there.... Now you can focus on a mission.....
YOUR MISSION: e-POSSIBLE
Choose any of the navigation buttons on the left or click on the links on this page. Learn from experiences of explorers at a given time in history.
Are you ready to re-live history and have fun in the process? Chart your ocean or river cruise. Pack your e-bags. Become a full-fledged explorer or navigator.
As captain of your expedition, familiarize yourself with your vessel by browsing ship reviews of modern-day cruise lines. Don't forget to load your provisions (food, wine, vitamins) for the rest of our expedition.
And by the way ... we are not just skippers at sea. We also explore on foot, by land, and by rail. Many historical places and landmarks can only be reached this way. Recall how Alexander the Great conquered lands as far as India with his cavalry and infantry!
If you prefer to travel by air, a travel advisor can help you get to and from Europe, or anywhere in the world.
Ahh ... Life is good ....
Visit us often and feel free to let us know your thoughts or to share your experiences on your European cruises and voyages.
Subscribe to our newsletter, European Cruises Explorer.
- First European cruises: League of Old World Explorers
- First European Cruises: Join the League of Old World Explorers
- Ferdinand Magellan: Explorer Who First Circumnavigated the World
- Ferdinand Magellan Circumnavigates World: Paradise Lands Discovered Along the Way. Explorer amazed whole world when he proved it was indeed round!
- Viking explorer Eric the Red
- Eric the Red Discovers Greenland
- Tall Ships, Star Clipper Cruises, Windstar and Windjammer Luxury Sailing!
- Star Clipper Cruises and Other Tall Ships: A Fancy Story Book Sailing Experience. Tall ships, like those of Star Clipper cruises fleet, have something that appeals to the fantasy.
- Small Ship Cruises: Adventures, Expeditions, Romantic Destinations in Cozy Ships
- Small ship cruises: Where to go, What to do … Plenty of EXCITING options! Small ship cruises use ships that carry less than 500 passengers.
- Princess cruise lines, etc ... large ship cruising
- Princess Cruise Lines and Other Large Ships: What and How To Choose For Your Cruise. Large ships like the Princess cruise lines and other commercial liners allow people to become explorers
- Europe river cruise: Europe’s beauty and history from a river’s vantage point
- Europe River Cruise: Conquer Europe at Every River Port. European river cruises can amaze you when you see the beauty of Europe from a river's vantage point.
- Danube river cruises
- Danube River Cruises: Steal Gems From Danube’s Imperial Past. Cruising the Danube takes you to many historic places
- Iceland Cruise, Iceland Travel, Iceland Vacation
- Iceland Cruise: Not Just A Tip-of-the-Iceberg Experience. Going on an Iceland cruise or an Iceland vacation? Good decision, explorer.
- Viking River Cruises: Getting the Most Out of Your River Cruise
- Viking River Cruises ... How do you like cruising like the Vikings ... without rowing of course!
- Globus travel cruise itineraries
- Globus Travel Brings the Story To Life on Every River Cruise Journey. Globus travel makes every river cruise memorable. They spend a considerable amount of time telling travelers the stories behind
- Magellan GPS, Garmin GPS, and other GPS ... A brief history
- Magellan, GPS: Firsts in Navigation History. Magellan GPS was NOT invented by Ferdinand Magellan, the first explorer to circumnavigate the world
- For explorers on European cruises and beyond
- Discover more with European Cruises Explorer
- Travel ... That's What We're About, Also History and Culture
- Got Technology ... Will Travel ... Far ... With a Passion. Travel ... History ... The internet ... These three things do not cease to fascinate
- Contact Not Just European Cruises
- We'd Love To Hear From You